Today was Lucas's first day of school!! I can't believe it. I was so worried about dropping him off, and had all these visions of him kicking and screaming and yelling for mommy.......that didn't happen. He ran to the door, plowed everyone over to be first, and didn't even wave goodbye!! Although I had a few tears in my eyes, I am excited for his new adventure. Where does time go??
It was wonderful to see everyone at the shore, and as much as I looked forward to meeting Nathan, I have to say that - for me - Lucas was the uncontested bright spot of the family gathering. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to be able to touch, let alone hug, smooch, and SMELL THE STINKY FEET of this little man...AND HAVE HIM COME BACK FOR MORE AGAIN AND AGAIN. I certainly love Ryan and Miranda to smithereens and relish the fact that I get to smother them with my love -- because they know me. To add Lucas to my list of those I can maul with affection truly was a landmark of the greatest importance. It was not only the high point of my day, but quite possibly, the high point of my summer. I LOVE YOU, LUCAS!!! - YFGA
JOSHUA - Graphic Designer, loves to run and bike, sweet wakeboarder, tries to swim :
CHRISTY - Lacrosse coach/ Official/substitute teacher, loves to run and make her kids laugh: LUCAS - 5-4-05 -big smiles, great hair, really getting good at swimming, loves to run and laugh and sometimes push...going to preschool, and turning into a great big brother: NATHAN 8-11-07 - Mr. Curious- would rather take apart a toy than play with it. favorite thing to do is empty my tupperware cabinet over and over..., loves to walk/run with his hands in the air, still stinks at sleeping
1 comment:
It was wonderful to see everyone at the shore, and as much as I looked forward to meeting Nathan, I have to say that - for me - Lucas was the uncontested bright spot of the family gathering. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to be able to touch, let alone hug, smooch, and SMELL THE STINKY FEET of this little man...AND HAVE HIM COME BACK FOR MORE AGAIN AND AGAIN. I certainly love Ryan and Miranda to smithereens and relish the fact that I get to smother them with my love -- because they know me. To add Lucas to my list of those I can maul with affection truly was a landmark of the greatest importance. It was not only the high point of my day, but quite possibly, the high point of my summer. I LOVE YOU, LUCAS!!!
- YFGA
Post a Comment